Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Andrea Smyth <an...@iona.com> on 2007/01/15 10:20:42 UTC

Ideas for a WS-Policy Framework for CXF

I have written up some ideas on a WS-Policy implementation for CXF on
the wiki: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/WS-Policy+Framework
Any feedback appreciated.

Andrea.

Re: Ideas for a WS-Policy Framework for CXF

Posted by Andrea Smyth <an...@iona.com>.
Dan Diephouse wrote:

> Do we have a list of policies we're looking to support? Security, RM, and
> MTOM are on my list so far, but I don't claim to have a comprehensive
> one.

Not that I know of - but I don't think we need one as support for
additional policies should be pluggable, i.e. become available by
registering AssertionBuilderFactories (which would happen by simply
adding stuff to the classpath)?

> I'm still digesting your proposal/questions and will try to provide some
> feedback tomorrow, but has anyone given any thought to using policy for
> configuration as opposed to just policy?

Celtix did this - you could have a policy with an RMAssertion attached
to a wsdl element - and a property of the same type (RMAssertion) in the
endpoint configuration bean - the latter superseding the former.
Conversely, the data types used for http and jms configuration may
become assertions (understood only by CXF of course).
One of the benefits of a policy framework is that is makes interceptor
chain configuration a lot easier.

Andrea.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@iona.com>.
Hi

different WS-Policy interop/test scenarious are outlined here :

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0143.html

The actual policy assertions are mostly WS-Security related ones, hopefully those docs can provide some useful info for this work

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.

--
Dan Diephouse