Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Caroline Molin <ca...@betonglarsson.se> on 2018/07/02 09:59:22 UTC

Help numbering papers

Hello, I work for a company called Betonglarsson. We use Apache OpenOffice to print transport reports (see attachmet). Now I need help to add the order number where it says NUMBERS, and I need those numbers to change everytime that I print one. I normally print 50 at a time and I have been manually writing the order number on these but I was wondering if there is a way to add an order number to these like a page number? Our order numbers normally starts with the numbers on the licence plate. Here is an example "9990001". We have about 40-50 cars so I need to be able to change the numbers each time I need to print for another car. Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Caroline Molin

BETONGLARSSON AB
M�tarv�gen 16
196 37 Kungs�ngen

Phone: + 46 10 110 43 60
Orgnr: 556366-8093
Website: www.Betonglarsson.se<http://www.betonglarsson.se/>
Mail: Caroline@betonglarsson.se<ma...@betonglarsson.se>

 [cid:0ece09c2-32bd-4d30-944a-42fbfc6b1153]

Re: SV: Help numbering papers

Posted by Andrew Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
I can think of no way to print multiple directly with a different result every time unless....

1. You use mail merge

2. You generate a multi-page document using a field that increments

3. Use a macro that prints and increments multiple times.

Others probably have better ideas than I.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

Re: Help numbering papers

Posted by Jean Lear <me...@gmail.com>.
I do not know if I am over simplifying this or missing the point of the
requirement. I do not know what format the original document is but as a
test I used a writer page and made either a header or a footer on the page.
This can be made whatever size you wish and can be used to insert as much
information as you need and then at the position you want the number to
appear use the > Insert > Fields > Page number and insert your number
999001 on the first page.  When you copy the same detail to the next page
the number will change to 999002 going to what ever number you want to go
to (999050)
I had a template set up for my use for Raffle Tickets which have a butt and
tickets four to a page and have the same number on the butt and the tear
off ticket.  After setting up page one with numbers one to four, copy that
page, and then paste at the end of page one and the numbers roll on to
whatever number of tickets needed.  I had a link to how this was done at -
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=34641 - but I could not
connect to this site as it timed out - may be too old to still exist.
Another idea may be to do a calc sheet with the numbers (999001 to 999050)
and do a mail merge with the original document.
This may give some ideas if I have not missed the point of the original
query.
Jean
melda19@gmail.com

SV: Help numbering papers