Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Qaz Zaq <co...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/29 21:29:47 UTC

JSP bean for log4j?

Hi,

I'd like to create a bean to be used from within a
JSP.
I'd like the bean to have the following properties:

1. LOG4J configuration file.
2. Category Name.

That's it...how do I set one up?  If I create a
regular class to wrap a Category, how can I preserve
the file name and line number information?  Thanks.

Erik

Re: JSP bean for log4j?

Posted by Christopher Taylor <cs...@java-internals.com>.
I wouldn't bother.  There's a wonderful logger tag library at
jakarta.apache.org:

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/log-doc/intro.html

-Chris

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>