Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Harish K Kottarathil <hk...@ptc.com> on 2001/11/05 08:04:15 UTC

appender help

Hi,
I am a newbie in this list. Please help me.
Here is my problem.

Howcan I suppress one Appender which is added in the rootCategory?
For example

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, Default, Console
where Default outputs to a File & Console to System.out

& later if I do

log4j.category.com.foo.bar=DEBUG,A1

where A1 is another FileAppender, the output comes in all the appenders.
If there any way I can set up the configuration properties to prevent the Additivity of
Default & Console in com.foo.bar , so that I will get the logs for the package com.foo.bar only in the file specified by the appender A1.

One way of doing is to set the threshold, but that affects all other packages also.But I need to suppres that only for the package com.foo.bar

Thanks,

Harish