Posted to users@camel.apache.org by rtmacphail <rt...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/07 21:07:56 UTC

Has camel-jboss6 been added to Camal Extras yet?

In reference to issue tracker #CAMEL-3825, I am trying to get a copy of the
camel-jboss6 jar so I can use camel with JBoss 6. I downloaded the jar file
attached to this issue, but it contains no class files. I've been looking on
the the camel extra site at:
http://camel-extra.googlecode.com/svn/maven2/releases, but there's nothing
up there yet. Is there anywhere I can get this library from?

(I'm using Camel version 2.6.0)

Re: Has camel-jboss6 been added to Camal Extras yet?

Posted by rtmacphail <rt...@gmail.com>.
That did it! It works now. Thank-you very much.

Re: Has camel-jboss6 been added to Camal Extras yet?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 3:11 PM, rtmacphail <rt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the quick response. I tried the updated JAR and modified the
> package name in my camel context configuration. JBoss at least now finds the
> Resolver class. But I'm getting an exception upon deployment:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: log
>        at
> org.apachextras.camel.jboss.JBossPackageScanClassResolver.find(JBossPackageScanClassResolver.java:24)
> [:2.8-SNAPSHOT]
>
> This may be something with my configuration, I'll have to look into it
> further.

Ah you need Camel 2.7 or better as its using slf4j as the logger.
Otherwise you need to adjust the source code of camel-jboss6 to use
commons-logging instead, and build the JAR yourself.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
CamelOne 2011: http://fusesource.com/camelone2011/
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: Has camel-jboss6 been added to Camal Extras yet?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I have updated the attached JAR file on the ticket. Can you try again.
Mind the package name has changed. So read the comment in the JIRA ticket.

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 9:07 PM, rtmacphail <rt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In reference to issue tracker #CAMEL-3825, I am trying to get a copy of the
> camel-jboss6 jar so I can use camel with JBoss 6. I downloaded the jar file
> attached to this issue, but it contains no class files. I've been looking on
> the the camel extra site at:
> http://camel-extra.googlecode.com/svn/maven2/releases, but there's nothing
> up there yet. Is there anywhere I can get this library from?
>
> (I'm using Camel version 2.6.0)

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Joerg Wuelker MIS-OSN <jw...@de.hellmann.net>.
When i tested Camel on JBoss6 i had the same problem. As a workaround i
got the SourceCode from
http://camel-extra.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/components/camel-jboss/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/jboss/JBossPackageScanClassResolver.java
and changed it:
- the package 'org.jboss.virtual' changed to org.jboss.vfs
- org.jboss.virtual.plugins.vfs.helpers.AbstractVirtualFileVisitor moved
to org.jboss.vfs.util.AbstractVirtualFileVisitor
- about the last change i am not sure if it is correct, but at least it
works for tests: replace VirtualFile root = VFS.getRoot(url); with
VirtualFile root = VFS.getChild(url);
- VirtualFile root = VFS.getRootVirtualFile(); works too. Does anyone know
how to replace this line best?

From:   rtmacphail <rt...@gmail.com>
To:     users@camel.apache.org
Date:   07.04.2011 21:08