Posted to user@poi.apache.org by av...@itellix.com on 2003/11/06 12:25:29 UTC

Re: Reading and Writing new Word Documents

> Is it a near or distant future thing?
Ah .. that is the one thing thats impossible to say in open source. I will say
two contradictory things :)

1. While Ryan has done a huge amount of work, he's at it alone at the moment.
And there is a huge amount of work to be done. The more help he gets, the
faster it will be done.

2. On the other hand, simple cases work at the moment, and if you are ready to
get your hands dirty, you may have a go at it. Ryan's built a decent skeleton
that people can flesh out. In general, what we advise our users is "if YOUR
testcases based on YOUR requirements passes, you should use it, and not
otherwise"

I know this is not necessarily what you wanted to hear.....

Regards
-
Avik

Quoting simon.j.faughnan@accenture.com: