Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by TG Servers <sr...@prvtmail.net> on 2018/02/24 22:07:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Auth with dbm extremely slow with ProxPass

Hi,

I am using http 2.4.29 and am securing some ProxyPass rules with
authentication.
Now with AuthBasicProvider file this is extremely fast and seems to work
well.
But in the first run I wanted to work with dbm on the server but there
are big problems when working with ProxyPass.
For things like server-status there is also very fast access with dbm
auth but for things like proxying to localhost ports for solr or rspamd
web UI's the page loading needs forever.
And to mention I am redirecting to https before.
As said with "file" it works like a charm.
Any ideas why this could be?

Thanks!

Re: [users@httpd] Auth with dbm extremely slow with ProxPass

Posted by TG Servers <sr...@prvtmail.net>.

Am 24. Februar 2018 11:24:37 nachm. schrieb Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>:

> On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 5:07 PM, TG Servers <sr...@prvtmail.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using http 2.4.29 and am securing some ProxyPass rules with
>> authentication.
>> Now with AuthBasicProvider file this is extremely fast and seems to work
>> well.
>> But in the first run I wanted to work with dbm on the server but there
>> are big problems when working with ProxyPass.
>> For things like server-status there is also very fast access with dbm
>> auth but for things like proxying to localhost ports for solr or rspamd
>> web UI's the page loading needs forever.
>> And to mention I am redirecting to https before.
>> As said with "file" it works like a charm.
>> Any ideas why this could be?
>>

> That is surprising, can you catch a few pstack snapshots and identify
> where time is spent?

Yes it surprised me too. But is the case with both UI's. Yes can do
tomorrow, switched the box off for tday. Will get back then.

Re: [users@httpd] Auth with dbm extremely slow with ProxPass

Posted by TG Servers <sr...@prvtmail.net>.

Am 24.02.2018 um 23:27 schrieb TG Servers:

> Am 24. Februar 2018 11:24:37 nachm. schrieb Eric Covener
> <co...@gmail.com>:
>
>> On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 5:07 PM, TG Servers <sr...@prvtmail.net> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using http 2.4.29 and am securing some ProxyPass rules with
>>> authentication.
>>> Now with AuthBasicProvider file this is extremely fast and seems to work
>>> well.
>>> But in the first run I wanted to work with dbm on the server but there
>>> are big problems when working with ProxyPass.
>>> For things like server-status there is also very fast access with dbm
>>> auth but for things like proxying to localhost ports for solr or rspamd
>>> web UI's the page loading needs forever.
>>> And to mention I am redirecting to https before.
>>> As said with "file" it works like a charm.
>>> Any ideas why this could be?
>>>

>> That is surprising, can you catch a few pstack snapshots and identify
>> where time is spent?
>>

> Yes it surprised me too. But is the case with both UI's. Yes can do
> tomorrow, switched the box off for tday. Will get back then.

I know what it was now. The computing time was set way too high as it
seems when creating the password with htdbm. The -C option. It makde noe
big difference on easy pages like server-status but on pages where there
were way more requests to do it had this behaviour. Leaving the -C
option out when creating the password and everything is pretty fast :)

Re: [users@httpd] Auth with dbm extremely slow with ProxPass

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.