Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at> on 2002/10/26 15:31:38 UTC

[ANN] Turbine-2.2 RC1 and Torque 3.0 RC1 available

Release Candidates of Turbine 2.2 and Torque 3.0 are available for download.
The release also includes the TDK.

If you are using a previous version of Torque and/or Turbine you should migrate your apps now!
There will be no major changes before the final releases!

A list of changes can be found on the web-site

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2/changes.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/torque/changes.html

The distributions are available at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-turbine/turbine2/release/2.2-rc1/
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-turbine/torque/release/3.0-rc1/
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-turbine/tdk/release/2.2-rc1/

Martin

Re: AW: [ANN] Turbine-2.2 RC1 and Torque 3.0 RC1 available

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.
Marc Lustig wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> is Turbine-2.2 RC1 identical with Turbine 2.2b3 ?
> If not, what's the difference?
> The Changes-section only refers to differences from b2.
> Thanks,
>
> Marc

the changes described happend between b3 and rc1 .. looks like is missed to update the changes.xml
for the b3 release :-(

martin

Posted by Marc Lustig <ma...@marclustig.com>.
Hi Cameron,
yeah, that helps indeed, as I am using MySQL myself.

Am I get you right, you do the following when querying for null using method
isNull of your class that extends Criteria:

SimpleCriteria sc = new SimpleCriteria();
sc.add(add something using Citeria-methods);
sc.isNull("MyPeer.FIELD_NAME"); // quuery this field for null-entries
MyPeer.doSelect(c);

Does it work that way?
What's the purpose of Criteria.CUSTOM in your method?

Btw, are you also using the JDBC-driver that has recently been released on
the mysql.com web-site? If yes, are you happy with it, or are you having any
trouble using it in conjunction with Turbine (2.2b3/decoupled Torque)?

Regards
Marc

Posted by Marc Lustig <ma...@marclustig.com>.
Hi Martin,