Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by henrik rathje <hr...@ki.tng.de> on 2005/04/18 17:09:38 UTC

DBCP inconsistency

Hi,
i am using the tomcat 5.0.27 distribution. After several days of uptime
the DBCP seems to run odd:

org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getNumActive() ==> 4
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getNumIdle() ==> 1
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getMaxActive() ==> 10
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getMinIdle() ==> 9
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getInitialSize() ==> 10

in addition i use

     <parameter>
       <name>removeAbandoned</name>
       <value>true</value>
     </parameter>

in my DBCP configuration. The getNumActive() does not drop below four
for hours - although the traffic on my site is low, and there is not
more than one dbcp connection used per request.
Anybody knows what is going wrong here?
best regards