Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yves Hougardy <yh...@clever-age.com> on 2009/02/15 23:36:31 UTC

suggestion queries

Hi,
What's the best way to set up a suggestion box with solr ?
I mean, if i type one letter, it would resquest for all the "categories"
beginning with that letter, and so on as the user adds letters.

thanks

--
Yves Hougardy        http://www.clever-age.com
Clever Age - conseil en architecture technique

Re: suggestion queries

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: What's the best way to set up a suggestion box with solr ?
: I mean, if i type one letter, it would resquest for all the "categories"
: beginning with that letter, and so on as the user adds letters.

there really sin't a one-size-fits-all answer to this question, but as a
starting point take a look at the contrib/javascript code, which includes
a demo doing autosuggest...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrJS

-Hoss