Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Anne Racel <ar...@cormineid.com> on 2007/08/16 18:37:50 UTC

deployment on eclipse {cxf newbie}

Where can I find the syntax for the eclipse .deploy file?  I can't get
the system to recognize the servers I have installed, so I thought I'd
manually add the information.

Re: deployment on eclipse {cxf newbie}

Posted by denny_xu <fu...@iona.com>.
Hi

This is a known issue, CXF does not support to generate code like that
(generate wsdl from code and then generate codes from wsdl ), we discussed
it with CXF team guys, it will be fixed once CXF supports that use case.

Thanks
Denny

Posted by Mustafa Egilmezbilek <eg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Denny,

The other point that I was uncomfortable with the plugin was generating the
implementation and client classes. They were not compatible with the
interface's method definitions. One sample might explain the problem:

One of my interface's method:

@WebResult(targetNamespace="http://service.me.com/", name="customerlist",
partName="customerlist")
@WebMethod(operationName="getCustomerList", exclude=false)
public List<Customer> getCustomerList();

and the implemention was generated as:

*public* CustomerArray getCustomerList() { ... }

where the CustomerArray is a generated class for binding. And of course
after the impl class generation I get compiler errors.

Thanks,

On 8/17/07, denny_xu <fu...@iona.com> wrote:

> Hi Anne
>
> .deploy file is a xmi format file which mode is defined by EMF,  so you
> want
> to find the syntax for type of file you can look at its EMF model file in
> the project
> "org.eclipse.stp.soas.deploy.models.deployfile\models\DeployFile.ecore" in
> STP, but we do not suggest to  hand jam the xml - formatted .deploy file,
> there are some constrains for values of the elements in the file, and you
> will get some errors just like  " Could not locate package constructor".
>
> As Mustafa mentioned, for this moment, you should create connection
> profiles
> for the servers before deployment,  we are trying to refactor the
> deployment
> framework, for next release of stp you just need to create servers using
> wtp
> server creation wizard and the server list will be poped up when you try
> add a target.
>
> For the problem of "Could not locate package constructor", could you
> provide
> more details?
>
> Thanks
> Denny
>

> Anne Racel-2 wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, Mustafa, I'm one step closer.....
> >
> > Now I'm getting an error about missing packages?
> >
> > Could not locate package constructor (2x's)
> >
> > And yes, James, I'd be happy to update the wiki as soon as I get this
> > working!

Mustafa Egilmezbilek

RE: deployment on eclipse {cxf newbie}

Posted by Anne Racel <ar...@cormineid.com>.
It looks like my problem was related to a missing SOA plugin file.
Since I was also having problems with the SOA perspective wasn't coming
up as an option any more, I reinstalled the jar files.  That seemed to
fix the last of my problems.  Everything appears to be working smoothly
now.

Posted by denny_xu <fu...@iona.com>.
Hi Anne

.deploy file is a xmi format file which mode is defined by EMF,  so you want
to find the syntax for type of file you can look at its EMF model file in
the project
"org.eclipse.stp.soas.deploy.models.deployfile\models\DeployFile.ecore" in
STP, but we do not suggest to  hand jam the xml - formatted .deploy file,
there are some constrains for values of the elements in the file, and you
will get some errors just like  " Could not locate package constructor".

As Mustafa mentioned, for this moment, you should create connection profiles
for the servers before deployment,  we are trying to refactor the deployment
framework, for next release of stp you just need to create servers using wtp
server creation wizard and the server list will be poped up when you try to

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.
Hi Guys,

Posted by Mustafa Egilmezbilek <eg...@gmail.com>.

--