Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/09 03:37:29 UTC

[Axis2][jaxws] Splitting off building of metadata (org.apache.axis2.jaxws.description package)

Folks,

The description package which builds the metadata model from
annotations etc is pretty much standalone except for some leakage of
jaxws stuff (example jaxws.ClientConfigurationFactory in
ServiceDescriptionImpl.java) and some utility classes. What say we
bite the bullet and split it out? If we do that we could think about
reusing that code to build annotations based metadata for use say in
our RPC*MessageReceiver. Basically the description package deals with
JSR 181 and it would be good to split that out. I can help...

Thanks,
dims

Re: [Axis2][jaxws] Splitting off building of metadata (org.apache.axis2.jaxws.description package)

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 to metadata

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Jeff, Nick,

I took a stab and extracted the minimum possible set of files from
jaxws into metadata. Please take a look. Now we need to move files
over from metadata to jaxws (those that don't belong). Added metadata
as a dependency to jaxws of course.

thanks,
dims

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.