Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Vladimir Dudov <du...@relexus.com> on 2003/11/18 00:35:31 UTC

libapreq2-2.02 dev and SunOS 5.9

Another issue (SunOS 5.9):

/./configure --with-apache2-apxs=<path to apxs>
make

/creating mod_apreq.la
(cd .libs && rm -f mod_apreq.la && ln -s ../mod_apreq.la mod_apreq.la)
make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `all-local'
Current working directory /home/vladimir/src/libapreq2-2.02-dev/env
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

--Vladimir

Re: libapreq2-2.02 dev and SunOS 5.9

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, phil harley wrote:

[ ... ]
> I had the same problem. I did two things to correct it.
> One I used the GNU make instead of the sun make in /usr/ccs/bin
> I then got the real errors!
> Second I fixed the errors by changing the source file
> under glue/perl/xsbuilder/apreq_xs_postperl.h
> at about line 75 from
>      const char altkey[] = { '_', key[0] };
>       char altkey[] = { '_', key[0] };
>
> so the old thing needed is to take out the const declaration.
> Many Thanks to Randy Kobes for helping me to fiqure out how
> to fix the code.
> The make still produces a lot of warnings but does compile and link
> with the GNU make.

As Phil and I discussed off-line, the above fix is just
a workaround. The problem seems to come from using Sun's
compiler - a groups.google.ca search of
  Sun compiler left operand must be modifiable lvalue
brought up several threads which illustrated similar
differences in this regard between gcc and Sun's compiler,
for example, in using functions that return a struct with
a const element.

--
best regards,
randy

Re: libapreq2-2.02 dev and SunOS 5.9

Posted by phil harley <ph...@tnb.com>.
Vladimir Dudov wrote:
> Another issue (SunOS 5.9):
>
> /./configure --with-apache2-apxs=<path to apxs>
> make
>
> /creating mod_apreq.la
> (cd .libs && rm -f mod_apreq.la && ln -s ../mod_apreq.la mod_apreq.la)
> make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `all-local'
> Current working directory /home/vladimir/src/libapreq2-2.02-dev/env
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
>
> --Vladimir
>
> Vladimir Dudov wrote:
>
>> Trying to build libapreq2 for Solaris8 (native compiler). Apache 2.0.48
>>
>> /./configure --with-apache2-apxs=<path to apxs>
>> /Ok
>>
>> /./configure --with-apache2-apxs=<path to apxs> //--without-perl/
>> ./configure: no: command not found
>> configure: error: Bad apache2 version
>>
>> Is it a right way to avoid building perl stuff?
>> What's the difference between "--without-perl" and "--disable-perl-glue"?
>>
>> --Vladimir
>>
>> Joe Schaefer wrote:
>>
>>>The uploaded file
>>>
>>>    libapreq2-2.02_02-dev.tar.gz
>>>
>>>has entered CPAN as
>>>
>>>  file: $CPAN/authors/id/J/JO/JOESUF/libapreq2-2.02_02-dev.tar.gz
>>>  size: 458737 bytes
>>>   md5: dbca30cd45ec88c642ef38ae6d229865
>>>
>>>==================================================
>>>CURRENT RELEASE NOTES:
>>>
>>>    - This is a developer release, indicated by the "-dev" suffix
>>>      on the version string.  We believe the core interfaces to be stable,
>>>      but some portions of the API may still need significant modification.
>>>      Thus, binary/source compatibility may be broken from one developer
>>>      release to the next. In particular the version numbering rules specified
>>>      at
>>>
>>>                 http://apr.apache.org/versioning.html
>>>
>>>      do not apply to developer releases.
>>>
>>>==================================================
>>>CHANGES
>>>
>>>Changes with libapreq2-2.02-dev
>>>
>>>- November 12, 2003 - Perl API [joes]
>>>
>>>Fix bogus pool/cookie initializers in Apache::Cookie::set_attr(),
>>>which caused Apache::Cookie::new to segfault.  Bug
>>>first reported to modperl list by Wolfgang Kubens.

I had the same problem. I did two things to correct it.
One I used the GNU make instead of the sun make in /usr/ccs/bin
I then got the real errors!
Second I fixed the errors by changing the source file
under glue/perl/xsbuilder/apreq_xs_postperl.h
at about line 75 from
     const char altkey[] = { '_', key[0] };
      char altkey[] = { '_', key[0] };

so the old thing needed is to take out the const declaration.
Many Thanks to Randy Kobes for helping me to fiqure out how
to fix the code.
The make still produces a lot of warnings but does compile and link
with the GNU make.

Thanks Phil...