Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Michael Goettsche <ad...@svn-hosting.com> on 2005/09/01 15:36:39 UTC

Removing the diff between two revisions from mailer.py emails

Hi there,

I would like to configure mailer.py to not send the diff between two revisions
but just the list of changed files etc.
I tried adding " generate_diffs = " to the mailer.conf, but the diff is still
attached.
Any hints?

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Michael Goettsche.

Re: Removing the diff between two revisions from mailer.py emails

Posted by Christopher Ness <ch...@nesser.org>.
On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 17:24 +0200, Michael Goettsche wrote:
> On Thursday 01 September 2005 17:36, Michael Goettsche wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I would like to configure mailer.py to not send the diff between two
> > revisions but just the list of changed files etc.
> > I tried adding " generate_diffs = " to the mailer.conf, but the diff is
> > still attached.
> > Any hints?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Best Regards,
> > Michael Goettsche.
> >

> Anybody? :/

I don't know much about python, but have you tried commenting out that
line in the config file?

What about looking at the DiffSelections class in the code and seeing
what you can make of it?

Cheers,
Chris
--
PGP Public Key: http://www.nesser.org/pgp-key/

Re: Fwd: Removing the diff between two revisions from mailer.py emails

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> > From: Michael Goettsche <ad...@svn-hosting.com>
> > Date: September 5, 2005 10:24:28 AM CDT
> > To: users@subversion.tigris.org
> > Subject: Re: Removing the diff between two revisions from mailer.py
> > emails
> >

> > On Thursday 01 September 2005 17:36, Michael Goettsche wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> I would like to configure mailer.py to not send the diff between two
> >> revisions but just the list of changed files etc.
> >> I tried adding " generate_diffs = " to the mailer.conf, but the
> >> diff is still attached.
> >> Any hints?

That shouldn't be possible with the existing codepaths, unless my
re-reading missed something.  Hrm... and yet my testing shows that
mailer.py is definitely misbehaving.  I seem to recall some
disappointing behavior around the ConfigParser class (or our use
thereof) that made this check precarious.

Fortunately, it appears that if you set the option to an invalid value
(such as "none") that you'll get the behavior you desire.

--
www.collab.net  <>  CollabNet  |  Distributed Development On Demand

Re: Removing the diff between two revisions from mailer.py emails

Posted by Michael Goettsche <ad...@svn-hosting.com>.
On Thursday 01 September 2005 17:36, Michael Goettsche wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I would like to configure mailer.py to not send the diff between two
> revisions but just the list of changed files etc.
> I tried adding " generate_diffs = " to the mailer.conf, but the diff is
> still attached.
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks,
> Best Regards,