Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg.de> on 2006/06/06 12:51:47 UTC

what's the purpose of the lenya: and page: namespaces?

hi everyone!

i asked this on the user list before, but no luck...

can anyone explain what the purpose of the lenya: and page: namespaces is?
i see that page: is used in the context of jxtemplates as a wrapper, and
lenya: is used to wrap up metadata. but there is no overview as to which
elements are defined or what the design rationale for these namespaces
is. since i want to work with them in a correct and consistent way, can
anyone fill me in? i'm promising a wiki page :-D

regards,

jörn

--
"Open source takes the bullshit out of software."
	- Charles Ferguson on TechnologyReview.com

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft

Re: what's the purpose of the lenya: and page: namespaces?

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jörn Nettingsmeier schrieb:
> hi everyone!
>
> i asked this on the user list before, but no luck...
>
> can anyone explain what the purpose of the lenya: and page: namespaces is?

Here's a list of the namespaces used in 1.2:

http://lenya.apache.org/1_2_x/misc/namespaces.html

> i see that page: is used in the context of jxtemplates as a wrapper,

The page namespace is used for CMS screens / forms.
Here's some (rather outdated) info:

http://lenya.apache.org/1_2_x/how-to/cms_screens.html

> and lenya: is used to wrap up metadata.

The lenya namespace (actually it is the page-envelope namespace) has
originally been used for the page envelope, an XML "envelope" which
added meta information to the page to be evaluated by XSLTs during
page processing. It was replaced by an input module
(http://lenya.apache.org/1_2_x/components/publication/pageenvelopemodule.html),
but the namespace has been used for various purposes since then.

> but there is no overview as to which
> elements are defined or what the design rationale for these namespaces
> is. since i want to work with them in a correct and consistent way, can
> anyone fill me in? i'm promising a wiki page :-D

Sounds great :)

HTH,

-- Andreas

Re: what's the purpose of the lenya: and page: namespaces?

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.