Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/04 15:46:53 UTC

Review ASF crypto policy

The ASF board has asked that we review the ASF crypto export policy:

"For the coming board report, the board and legal committee would much
appreciate your project reviewing the crypto export policy spelled out
at http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html to determine that the project
either either no encryption considerations, or if notices must be (or had
been) sent to the BIS and NSA, they have been documented at the official
location http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/ for all encryption
elements within the oversite of this PMC.  Adding a status item on the
board report will help the legal committee to ensure this oversight has
been applied across the foundation."

Please take a look. My take: I don't believe we are shipping any
crypto tech; we're just using what is available in Java and Commons
Codec.

- Dave