Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Geurt Schimmel <GS...@schubergphilis.com> on 2013/03/12 23:59:55 UTC

load balancing

I'm sending 100k messages of 200 bytes each to a network-of-brokers (2 nodes). Appears the load-balancing distribution is 83 vs 17. Guess this is the most effective way (from an ActiveMQ perspective) to process all the messages, but there are situations where a more equal loadbalancing would be preferable. Are there parameters or ways to influence the loadbalancing behavior ?

Thanks,
Geurt

Re: load balancing

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
yep, i know what nob expands to :)
but what i'm still not clear about is you said two nodes in a nob, then you
said 3. maybe it would be best to post your nob config. also, are your
clients (producers/consumers) using failover? or just the bridges?

Re: load balancing

Posted by Geurt Schimmel <GS...@schubergphilis.com>.

Re: load balancing

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: load balancing

Posted by Geurt Schimmel <GS...@schubergphilis.com>.

Re: load balancing

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.

RE: load balancing

Posted by Geurt Schimmel <GS...@schubergphilis.com>.
Thanks !

have a peek at rebalanceClusterClients. The clients know of one broker and get told to rebalance when the second networked broker is started. In this way the broker does the random assignment so it is more evenly distributed.
some details in:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3706?focusedCommentId=13205375&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13205375
and in the transport connector reference:
http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html broker side failover.

--
http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com