Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2018/12/18 18:26:47 UTC

Re: Asynchronous communications (was: Please review our project's draft...)

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 6:12 PM Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Chetan suggested looking into Slack workspace export...

Coming back to this after a long time, looking at this month's Board
reports (the joys of being there ;-) I stumbled on daily Slack digests
that Apache Pulsar sends to their dev list:

https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@pulsar.apache.org

Would such digests be a good thing for OpenWhisk?

It would at least surface the Slack discussions in a public searchable
place that requires no account and no login, which is a big
improvement IMO.

-Bertrand

Re: Asynchronous communications (was: Please review our project's draft...)

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Bertrand !

Oh it looks like they use a simple script that some how they run daily and connects to Slack REST API to extract the last messages and then sends and email.

This is a perfect use case for OpenWhisk because I really don’t want to setup a server to run a cron job :-)

- Carlos Santana
@csantanapr

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Carlos,

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Good find Bertrand +1

Sounds good to me, people can always filter out if they are not interested in the daily email and already engaged in Slack. But those that wanted can benefit also the search and archive would be good to have.

Can you find out how they set it up ?
Do they use slackdigest [1] ?

[1] http://slackdigest.com/digest.html

- Carlos Santana