Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Albert Bruffaerts <al...@brussels.sema.slb.com> on 2003/09/15 18:36:18 UTC

Re: Instructing TraxTransformer to do catalog resolution with document() function [Too mundane to be cared after?]

At 17:12 13/09/2003 +0200, Florian G. Haas wrote:
>My problem is, therefore: while the Generator used in the pipeline in
>question
>correctly does catalog resolution and uses the local copy of the DTD
>referenced as expected, the transformer fails to do so when accessing a
>document via document(). Is there any way to intruct the Transformer to use a
>catalog with document() calls?

Welcome to the club.

This seems to be an old bug, already reported to this mailing list in 2002
(email thread started on Fri, 09 Aug 2002 12:55:24 -0700 by Ross Gardler)
and reported again by me in 2003 (email on Mon, 01 Sep 2003 15:55:30 +0200,
subject: "Re: Finding DTD when aggregating content using XSL (resolved or
dismissed?)").

When you analyse the follow-up triggered by these emails, it seems that
this bug raises not much interest. Another bug in the same functional area
is the following: if the DTD declaration has no public identifier, the
catalog-based resolution does not work either.

It seems that not too many Cocoon developers care any longer about so
mundane matter... Bad luck for us!

Best regards,
Albert Bruffaerts

Sema Belgium SA    http://be.sema.com
rue de Stalle 96   mailto:albert.bruffaerts@brussels.sema.slb.com
B-1180 Brussels    fax: +32 2 333 55 22
Belgium            tel: +32 2 333 52 34 / 58 (secr.)