Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/29 18:21:09 UTC

[Checklist] Current Code Submission Checlist Documents?

Hey Guys,

I started putting together a code
submission checklist, and wanted to see whether
we have documents like this already?

Just want to make sure I incorporate anything
already existing.

Emmanuel I think you had a code standards document
somewhere.  Ah...I found it by googleing for "apache
directory coding standards".  Should be easier to find
though.  I'll put a JIRA in for it when I submit the
coding checklist document for review.

Incidentally I did find this when googleing for
apacheds directory wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/directory/IdeHome

This looks really good.

Cheers,
- Ole

Finding fabulous fares is fun.

Re: [Checklist] Current Code Submission Checlist Documents?

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.
Oh,

By checklist I mean things that should be checked off
by committers that ensures that the submission
complies with Directory standards.

Like:

All public API methods are "Javadoced".

Test cases (I'm going to be writing a little paper on
this, and if you want to know more just google for
"junit 100% method testing ole ersoy", and you'll come
across the general idea on the JUnit mailing list.

This is necessary, because we need a definition of the
test requirements.

Use Case Documentation (Both developer and user).

etc.

Cheers,
- Ole

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxDEV/Coding+standards

> Should be easier to find
> > though.
>

>  Yeah... We are trying to fix the site atm. Will
> take some time. In the
> meantime, this is hopeless. Tanks google to be so
> performant !
>
> I'll put a JIRA in for it when I submit the
> > coding checklist document for review.
> >
> > Incidentally I did find this when googleing for
> > apacheds directory wiki:
> >
> > http://wiki.apache.org/directory/IdeHome
>

> Old shit I wrote once upon a time. It needs to be
> put in confluence and
> seriously updated ...
>
> This looks really good.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > - Ole

> > Finding fabulous fares is fun.
> > Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel
> sites to find flight and
> > hotel bargains.
> > http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097
> >

> --
> Cordialement,
> Emmanuel Lécharny
> www.iktek.com

The fish are biting.

Re: [Checklist] Current Code Submission Checlist Documents?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 1/29/07, Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I started putting together a code
> submission checklist, and wanted to see whether
> we have documents like this already?

Hmmm... Depends on what you mean by "code submission checklist"

Just want to make sure I incorporate anything
> already existing.
>
> Emmanuel I think you had a code standards document
> somewhere.  Ah...I found it by googleing for "apache
> directory coding standards".

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxDEV/Coding+standards

Should be easier to find
> though.

 Yeah... We are trying to fix the site atm. Will take some time. In the
meantime, this is hopeless. Tanks google to be so performant !

I'll put a JIRA in for it when I submit the
> coding checklist document for review.
>
> Incidentally I did find this when googleing for
> apacheds directory wiki:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/directory/IdeHome

Old shit I wrote once upon a time. It needs to be put in confluence and
seriously updated ...

This looks really good.

> Cheers,
> - Ole

> Finding fabulous fares is fun.
> Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and
> hotel bargains.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com