Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by allan <la...@inet.uni2.dk> on 2002/03/21 05:59:19 UTC

a couple of steps back

hello,

i know this is a bit crazy coming up with now, but i just
got carried away, and as always you can just -1 the idea and
i'll forget about it again.

i really like the new logo (with or without under_score) and
i have tried to integrate it with our design. i found out
why i like it so much - because it looks like a "proper"
logo, even a brand.

so while trying to integrate it i came up with this very
basic idea that seems to work pretty ok with the design, IMHO:

enclosed is two screenshots taken at a 800x600 resolution
(please bear with me - the graphics inside is very quick and
dirty but i guess you can follow the idea)

1) from opera, showing the logo in its normal position,
followed by the breadcrumb followed by the camel (i missed
it), everything underlined to distance the logo/breadcrumb
area from the other content.

2) from nescape 4.75, showing the same but with a fake long
breadcrumb to show that it will scale without destroying the underline

so what you see is in fact html. it looks like it can be
done (ie5 +1, ns6 +1).

i came up with something similar a while ago that people
didn't seem to like, but that involved seprating our then
current logo. the encloed screenshots have THE logo at the
left and the independent camel on the right. we could of
coure just leave the camel out or we could also even
integrate the feather ...

anyway, take a look and see what you think

./allan

Re: a couple of steps back

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
allan wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Can you please put it online so we can test with different browsers?
>>(send it to me if you have a problem putting it online)
>>

> should be availble online tomorrow i hope (viet-time)

ok

>>>i came up with something similar a while ago that people
>>>didn't seem to like, but that involved seprating our then
>>>current logo. the encloed screenshots have THE logo at the
>>>left and the independent camel on the right. we could of
>>>coure just leave the camel out or we could also even
>>>integrate the feather ...
>>>
>>hmm, to me it looks like this: camel is on the far way from modperl and
>>we know that camel goes slowly, does it hint anything to you?
>>

> heh, didn't actually see it that way:)

;)

>>how about making a scene implying that the camel "follows" the feather,
>>leading to mod_perl? just an idea... but your idea is already looking
>>like a well thought out art.
>>

> are you serious??
> do you mean:
> lefttmargin - logo - breadcrumb - space ... - feather -
> camel - rightmargin?

yup, something like that. Think an artwork with a deep meaning ;0)

>>I guess it's OK then that the logo doesn't have the camel/feather in it.
>>

> so you also missed them :)

I still miss them. I still cannot figure out what the quarter of the
gear is standing for.
When I see it I think of ActiveState :)

Re: a couple of steps back

Posted by allan <la...@inet.uni2.dk>.

Re: a couple of steps back

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
allan wrote:
> hello,
>

> i know this is a bit crazy coming up with now, but i just
> got carried away, and as always you can just -1 the idea and
> i'll forget about it again.
>

> i really like the new logo (with or without under_score) and
> i have tried to integrate it with our design. i found out
> why i like it so much - because it looks like a "proper"
> logo, even a brand.
>

> so while trying to integrate it i came up with this very
> basic idea that seems to work pretty ok with the design, IMHO:
>

> enclosed is two screenshots taken at a 800x600 resolution
> (please bear with me - the graphics inside is very quick and
> dirty but i guess you can follow the idea)
>
> 1) from opera, showing the logo in its normal position,
> followed by the breadcrumb followed by the camel (i missed
> it), everything underlined to distance the logo/breadcrumb
> area from the other content.
>
> 2) from nescape 4.75, showing the same but with a fake long
> breadcrumb to show that it will scale without destroying the underline
>

> so what you see is in fact html. it looks like it can be
> done (ie5 +1, ns6 +1).

I like it very much design-wise, very neat! As usual great work, Allan!