Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Kinnemann, Henrik" <He...@siemens.com> on 2010/09/28 10:03:03 UTC

embedding fonts into a PDF-A document by FOP-0.95

Hello,

we are trying to embedd a True Type Font from the GNU FreeFont Library into PDF files using FOP-0.95. The goal is to not only to generate PDF but PDF-A-1b. The generation process of the PDF-A-1b by FOP-0.95 works fine but the Adobe Preflight Checker shows an error message afterwards.

Is there anybody who has already generated PDF-A-1b by FOP-0.95 and Adobe Preflight could validate the resulting document as PDF-A-1b conform?

With best regards,
Henrik

Re: embedding fonts into a PDF-A document by FOP-0.95

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Hi Henrik

On 28.09.2010 10:03:03 Kinnemann, Henrik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we are trying to embedd a True Type Font from the GNU FreeFont Library
> into PDF files using FOP-0.95. The goal is to not only to generate PDF
> but PDF-A-1b. The generation process of the PDF-A-1b by FOP-0.95 works
> fine but the Adobe Preflight Checker shows an error message afterwards.

What error message? Have you tried different fonts? Have you checked if
anything's different with FOP 1.0? There were a few improvements in the
font area since 0.95.

> Is there anybody who has already generated PDF-A-1b by FOP-0.95 and
> Adobe Preflight could validate the resulting document as PDF-A-1b
> conform?

Yes and some of my clients have, too.

> With best regards,
> Henrik