Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Hamilton Link <he...@sandia.gov> on 2002/07/24 20:21:06 UTC

OS X viability?

If I wanted to build a subversion server on OS X (v10.1.5), could I?
What about the client? If not, is there a schedule for an OS X port?

I'm going to set everything up on my RedHat box, but it'd mean upgrading
my machine from ancient RH to bleeding-edge RH and I don't have the
energy for it today (soon, just not today).

Re: OS X viability?

Posted by Hamilton Link <he...@sandia.gov>.
Thanks, that's great news. Possibly
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/PORTING should be brought up to
date for OS X.
hamilton

Re: OS X viability?

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 02:22:28PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 04:24:42PM -0400, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> > works fine.  i do a fair amount of my subversion development on my ibook.
>
> I have nothing but problems checking out stuff with SVN on OS X
> (client-only).  The SVN process becomes wedged.  I can't debug
> or attach to the process.  Even with gdb attached before running
> svn, I still can't catch it.
>
> Have you ever seen this?  (I've posted details about this before
> to dev@svn.)  -- justin

actually, i have seen this once or twice, but never reproducably.  it
will happen for a few tries, then i walk away from it and try again
later and it just works.

i'll try playing with it later tonight and see if i can make it happen
again.

-garrett

Re: OS X viability?

Posted by Nicholas Riley <nj...@uiuc.edu>.
On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 02:22:28PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 04:24:42PM -0400, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> > works fine.  i do a fair amount of my subversion development on my ibook.
>
> I have nothing but problems checking out stuff with SVN on OS X
> (client-only).  The SVN process becomes wedged.  I can't debug
> or attach to the process.  Even with gdb attached before running
> svn, I still can't catch it.

Try using Sampler.app or the command-line 'sample' tool, you can often
get stack information from a process even if it doesn't let you attach
to it.

--
=Nicholas Riley <nj...@uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>
        Pablo Research Group, Department of Computer Science and

Re: OS X viability?

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.

Re: OS X viability?

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.