Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2008/05/21 19:59:01 UTC

[VOTE] Release maven-shade-plugin version 1.1

The Shade plugin has had a bunch of bugs fixed and other improvements
that should be pushed out to the users:

** Bug
* [MSHADE-23] - ${basedir} is wrong after running shade plugin
* [MSHADE-24] - Use proper file encoding when generating dependency
reduced POM
* [MSHADE-25] - Use proper encoding when reading/writing component
descriptor
* [MSHADE-26] - Fix case-insensitive string comparisions in resource
transformers
* [MSHADE-29] - Documentation has invalid xml
* [MSHADE-31] - When promoteTransitiveDependencies=true, all
<exclusions> are stripped from the dependency-reduced-pom
* [MSHADE-34] - Shade includes both .jar and -test.jars when only
the .jar was needed

** Improvement
* [MSHADE-27] - Allow to configure file encoding for processing of
NOTICE file
* [MSHADE-28] - Add full support for glob patterns in relocator
exclusions

Staging area:
http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_shade/

Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/tags/maven-shade-plugin-1.1/

Guide to testing staged releases:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Here's my (now-binding!) +1.

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

[WITHDRAW][VOTE] Release maven-shade-plugin version 1.1

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Due to the issues Vincent discovered, I'm withdrawing this.   I'll
restage new versions shortly and restart the vote.

Dan

On May 21, 2008, at 1:59 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> The Shade plugin has had a bunch of bugs fixed and other
> improvements that should be pushed out to the users:
>
> ** Bug
> * [MSHADE-23] - ${basedir} is wrong after running shade plugin
> * [MSHADE-24] - Use proper file encoding when generating dependency
> reduced POM
> * [MSHADE-25] - Use proper encoding when reading/writing component
> descriptor
> * [MSHADE-26] - Fix case-insensitive string comparisions in resource
> transformers
> * [MSHADE-29] - Documentation has invalid xml
> * [MSHADE-31] - When promoteTransitiveDependencies=true, all
> <exclusions> are stripped from the dependency-reduced-pom
> * [MSHADE-34] - Shade includes both .jar and -test.jars when only
> the .jar was needed
>
> ** Improvement
> * [MSHADE-27] - Allow to configure file encoding for processing of
> NOTICE file
> * [MSHADE-28] - Add full support for glob patterns in relocator
> exclusions
>

> Staging area:
> http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_shade/
>
> Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/tags/maven-shade-plugin-1.1/
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> Vote open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>

> Here's my (now-binding!) +1.
>
> ---
> Daniel Kulp
> dkulp@apache.org
> http://www.dankulp.com/blog

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: [VOTE] Release maven-shade-plugin version 1.1

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
-1 since parent is maven-plugins:10 so NOTICE and LICENSE are not
present in maven-shade-plugin-1.1-sources.jar\META-INF

Cheers,

Vincent