Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Laurent Rouvet <la...@roovay.com> on 2004/08/31 12:32:24 UTC

Updating to James v2.2.0: relay-denied configuration?

Hi all,

Firstly, I apologize for my previous email which was written in a quite
bad English and not very intelligible...

Moving from James v2.1.3 to v2.2.0, I noticed that the class
RemoteAddrNotInNetwork has been rewritten and the usage has ben changed
a bite.

In the v2.1 RemoteAddrNotInNetwork added the address ip of the localHost
if "127.0.0.1" was given.
With the v2.2.0, you have to add it manually, like that:
RemoteAddrNotInNetwork=myhost.domain.com, 127.0.0.1

(which it's better, as far as you know it ....  ;-)

Also, the new version is more powerfull and support submask, like
192.168.1.5/8  or 192.168.1.5/255.255.0.0

It would be great if a James developer can confirme it...

Have fun,

Laurent Rouvet.