Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Andriy Yanov <An...@ericpol.pl> on 2006/02/28 10:23:09 UTC

Gathering general information

Hello everyone,

here is the question:

I need to get all files commited/modified by some person within certain
period of time, e.g.:
get a list of all files modified between 25.02.2006 and 26.02.2006 by
main_designer

Result:

main_designer | resource.h        | 25.02.2006 13:24 modified
main_designer | icons.bmp        | 25.02.2006 13:27 added

Thanks,
Andriy Yanov

PS: I'm new to here, so please tell if I posted to wrong group etc.

Re: Gathering general information

Posted by Andriy Yanov <An...@ericpol.pl>.
<head>
</head>
Andy Levy wrote:
 cite="midb26be6d90602280546v46e9917bm6f3f5011af9b8424@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On 2/28/06, Andriy Yanov <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:Andriy.Yanov@ericpol.pl">&lt;Andriy.Yanov@ericpol.pl&gt;</a> wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Hello everyone,

here is the question:

I need to get all files commited/modified by some person within certain
period of time, e.g.:
get a list of all files modified between 25.02.2006 and 26.02.2006 by
main_designer

Result:

main_designer | resource.h        | 25.02.2006 13:24 modified
main_designer | icons.bmp        | 25.02.2006 13:27 added
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
svn log can take dates as the revision range parameter.  You can then
parse the output of that to find only the revision(s) committed by
that person, then run svn log again for the revision(s) you find.

svn log -r {2006-02-25}:{2006-02-26}
svn log -r REVNUM

Or, use svn log -v and get the verbose log, which get both the basic
commit logs as well as the files affected in one shot, and then parse
those.

svn log -r {2006-02-25}:{2006-02-26} -v

Be aware that you may not get the revision date range you're expecting
when doing it this way; I still haven't fully understood how svn does
the math on these dates.  I think it will get the revision that the
repository was at on the start of the specified day; that is, if the
previous revision was made on 2/22/06, that'll be the first one
reported in the log.  Someone more experienced than I can clarify
that.

  </pre>
<pre wrap=""> Also, as far as I understand, filtering by username can only be done by

Re: Gathering general information

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.