Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Martin Grotzke <ma...@javakaffee.de> on 2009/08/09 04:56:57 UTC

glyphlist.txt not available - what's the intended usage scenario?

Hi,

I'm still trying to convert a pdf to an image using the PDFImageWriter,
now I got an ExceptionInInitializerError at
  EncodingManager.<clinit>(EncodingManager.java:38)
with this root cause:
        at java.io.Reader.<init>(Reader.java:61)
        at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:55)
        at org.apache.pdfbox.encoding.Encoding.loadGlyphList(Encoding.java:95)

This code tries to loadGlyphList("Resources/glyphlist.txt") which is not
available, it's also not in pdfbox/src/main/resources...

I also found http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-494 and now I
wonder what users are intended to do. Just download the glyphlist.txt
from adobe and make it available under Resources/glyphlist.txt? (I can
confirm that this works :))

Btw: the userguide/text extraction still says that pdfbox comes with the
adobe glyphlist - is this still true then?

Cheers,
Martin

Re: glyphlist.txt not available - what's the intended usage scenario?

Posted by Martin Grotzke <ma...@javakaffee.de>.
Ah, I just did an mvn install. Now I ran ant clean compile and the
glyphlist is there.

Thanx && cheers,
Martin

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.