Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2015/10/10 15:26:15 UTC

[DISCUSS] Retire the Droids podling (was Re: Droids Podling Issue)

It's been a month and we haven't heard from Thorsten, nor any lurker
in the Droids community.

I've changed the subject to make it clear that retirement is being
contemplated.  Per the Incubator Retirement Guide[1], the next step is
to call a community VOTE on droids-dev, which I will do in a few days.
Should that vote go as expected given these discussions, I will
subsequently call a VOTE of the IPMC.

Marvin Humphrey

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html

Re: [DISCUSS] Retire the Droids podling (was Re: Droids Podling Issue)

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Thank you Marvin.

In my opinion, droids should retire.  The amount of time they have been in
the incubator, limited amount of releases and community growth are all
signs that the podling isn't viable.

John

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Thank you Marvin.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Looks like it is one of those situations that happens from time to time. Makes
sense to me. Thanks.

Cos