Posted to dev@tajo.apache.org by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/20 09:10:12 UTC

How to remote debug tajo master?

Hi All,

I am trying to setup remote debug to TajoMaster process by adding:
"-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005" to
the TAJO_OPTS in the tajo-env.sh

but looks like this causes problem when running bin/tajo cli:

./bin/tajo cli
ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Address already in use
ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510)
JDWP exit error AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197): No transports initialized
[../../../src/share/back/debugInit.c:708]
FATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP No transports initialized,
jvmtiError=AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197)
Aborted (core dumped)

looks like the TAJO_OPTS also used by cli ?

What is the best way to setup debugger for Tajo? Setup TajoMaster in idea?

Thanks

Henry

Re: How to remote debug tajo master?

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Hyunsik, looks like the TajoMaster IntelliJIdea App I created when I
drunk coding turns out to be useful =)

- Henry

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.
Hi Henry,