Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/18 10:25:39 UTC

Manual using scalate now in svn

I've committed the project i've been working on github so far in the main
svn are, in trunk/documentation.
In order to keep that up-to-date with each version, I'd ask anyone to keep
it in sync when you modify / add a new feature in Karaf.
Note that this manual includes an auto-generated section containing all the
commands, so we could try to improve the help for those.
It can be done by adding the following attribute on the annotation as it's
done in the grep command

   @Command(...., detailedDescription="classpath:grep.txt")

And then a file in
   org/apache/karaf/shell/commands/grep.txt
The file is loaded from the command class (hence it's automatically prefixed
by the package name, unless an absolute uri is used).

I guess we could try to auto-discover this file too btw.

The manual is not fully complete and there are still sections to review /
fill, so feel free to have a look at those.

Also, I'll try to publish a snapshot and have it linked from the main web
site and use it instead of the wiki based manuals, so that we'll have easier
versioning.
But we need to come up with a better design for the web pages and add a pdf
output.  Help welcome!

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Manual using scalate now in svn

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Awesome!

Regards,
Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com/

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, there are big changes to run into such exceptions.  I think if
pax-logging is present, the war url handler should just add optional
imported packages for all the packages exported by pax-logging-api.   Or
maybe have that configurable through a property.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: AW: AW: Manual using scalate now in svn

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
In your case, we need to make sure pax-logging doesn't loads it's classes by itself, but uses the one provided by the surrounding jetty-war-class loader.

 >> This is correct

Remark : Smx4 can be started when deployed as a WAR file in Jetty/Tomcat
except that we have a Blueprint error which is not at related to logging
issue. Even if pax-log does not work in Smx4/Karaf, the log messages are
redirected to the stdout of the console of jetty/Tomcat but
servicemix.log stays empty.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The problem you've seen is slightly different I think, as when embedding
karaf in a webapp, ideally we should be able to shield karaf from the web
server itself.  But i'm not sure if we can do something about that as the
Main class is loaded from the web app classloader and it's too late to do
anything about that, so the only way I think is really to hack the web
server to hide the log4j / slf4j / commons-logging classes from the webapp.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Achim,

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <Ac...@ptv.de>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Ok, the patch is already provided, see KARAF-256.
About your side note :)
Just did take a look into it, well it's not about the war url handler that
is taking care of this. Like with the
deployer which was contained within Karaf, it just alteres the URL so
someone else can take care of the
"bundle", or better in this case take care of the standard war file and make
it to a bundle. Right now this is the pax-url project, here specifically the
pax-url-war.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,