Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Venkatesh Rudraraju <ve...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/19 00:34:40 UTC

kafka conenct - HDFS sink connector issue

Hi,

I tried using the HDFS connector sink with kafka-connect and works as
described->
http://docs.confluent.io/2.0.0/connect/connect-hdfs/docs/index.html

My Scenario :

I have plain Json data in a kafka topic. Can I still use HDFS connector
sink to read data from kafka-topic and write to HDFS in avro format ?

As I read from the documentation, HDFS connector expects data in kafka
already in avro format? Is there a workaround where I can consume plain
Json and write to HDFS in avro ? Say I have a schema for the plain json
data.

Thanks,
Venkatesh