Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jonathanyu <Jo...@fairisaac.com> on 2008/01/30 02:12:30 UTC

Maven plugins that can check for hardcoded (un-externalized) strings at build time? (i18n)

For internationalization purposes, are there any Maven plugins that would
check during build time for strings that aren't externalized to a resource
(.property) file?

For example, if I have code like this:

System.out.println("hello"); //$NON-NLS-1$
System.out.println("world");

is there a maven tool that can alert me, perhaps in a report, that "world"
is not externalized to a property file AND isn't marks with a special marker
like //$NON-NLS-1$?  The special marker could also be /* NOI18N */.

Anything would help.  Thanks.

Jonathan

Re: Maven plugins that can check for hardcoded (un-externalized) strings at build time? (i18n)

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I don't think so but it will be a useful plugin.

Rémy