Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/05 12:04:45 UTC

Publishing Karaf snapshots

L.S.,

We would like to start using Karaf for building ServiceMix 4, but we
need Karaf snapshots for this.  In the ServiceMix project, we are
using Apache's Hudson/Nexus combo to publish snapshots, but I don't
see any Felix projects in there yet.  There are some snapshot in the
'old' location http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository.
What is the normal Felix procedure we need to follow to get these
snapshots out there or would it be OK for Apache Felix Karaf to keep
on using Hudson/Nexus?

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Re: Publishing Karaf snapshots

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

No practical experience myself either, but I don't think a CI tool
like Hudson is anyhow involved in the release process.

For snapshot deployment, all the Apache CI servers have been setup
with the correct credentials to allow you to do so.  The last I heard
about, there was a little bit of extra setup required for other
servers.  If we want to use Bamboo for building nightly snapshots as
well, I'll raise an infra jira issue to get it set up.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.