Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Donald Ball <db...@rhoworld.com> on 2002/08/27 21:16:15 UTC

mysterious log4j problem

Did something change between 1.1b1 and 1.1b2 regarding log4j behavior in
struts? It's a long shot, but it's worth asking. Our log4j debug statements
are disappearing now and the only relevant change we made was to upgrade
from 1.1b1 to 1.1b2. I grepped through the struts source and wasn't able to
find any references to log4j, but I thought I'd ask anyway...

- donald

Re: mysterious log4j problem

Posted by Donald Ball <db...@rhoworld.com>.
On 8/27/2002 at 3:16 PM Donald Ball wrote:

>Did something change between 1.1b1 and 1.1b2 regarding log4j behavior in
>struts? It's a long shot, but it's worth asking. Our log4j debug
statements
>are disappearing now and the only relevant change we made was to upgrade
>from 1.1b1 to 1.1b2. I grepped through the struts source and wasn't able
>find any references to log4j, but I thought I'd ask anyway...

Once again, never mind. The release notes on the 1.1b2 download page
explain the solution.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Donald Ball wrote:

> Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:54:13 -0400
> From: Donald Ball <db...@rhoworld.com>
> To: craigmcc@apache.org, struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: mysterious log4j problem
>
> On 8/27/2002 at 12:48 PM Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
>
> >Have you heeded the comment at the bottom of the 1.1-b2 download page
> >about picking up the latest commons-logging.jar?  It's in the paragraph
> >that starts with bold text "Log4J Users Please Note" :-).
>
> Nope, i was needlessly heedless. :) Thanks for the RTFM tip.

Someone suggested that I use the <blink> tag around that paragraph.  Hmm
...  :-)

> - donald

Craig

Re: mysterious log4j problem