Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de> on 2001/06/19 08:22:49 UTC

[C2]: Updating ToDo list

Hello,

I think we should update our ToDo list for the next beta.

There are currently the following points in the ToDo list:

1.
   Reloading of jar-files.
   The class-path for the Cocoon-Servlet is only build once when the servlet
   is initialised. If you want to deploy other jar files you have to restart
   the servlet. A reloading of the Cocoon is not sufficient. This is not
   very convenient. Suggestion: When Cocoon is reloaded (a new cocoon
instance
   is created then) the classpath is rebuild and used.
Do we want to have this in C2.0?

2.
   Make the evaluation/application of logicsheets in the XSP system reliable
   and usable without hassle to the logicsheet programmer
Is this still a valid point?

3.
   Implement content aggregation at the sitemap level.
I think, we could remove this, as Giacomo did it.

4.
   Implement transparent content aggregation at the pipeline level.
As we agreed to skip the transparent ca we should also remove this point.

Now there are three more points to add, I think:
1. Making cocoon: urls work

2. Remove the transparent CA

3. Make the X/C Include Transformers work (If they are not doing it already)

Did I forget something?

Carsten

AW: [C2]: Updating ToDo list

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
> Michael Hartle wrote:
>
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> > 3. Make the X/C Include Transformers work (If they are not
> doing it already)
>
> I am working happily with the
> org.apache.cocoon.transformation.XIncludeTransformer,
> (@version CVS $Revision: 1.6 $ $Date: 2001/05/31 17:39:02 $ $Author:
> bloritsch $), as it is
> working fine so far.

Thanks for reporting this.
So we only have to create the CIncludeTransformer than.

Carsten

Re: [C2]: Updating ToDo list

Posted by Michael Hartle <mh...@hartle-klug.com>.

Re: Blue Oxygen - Cimande Project using Cocoon 1.82

Posted by SatishKumar <sa...@yahoo.com>.
hi Frans Thamura,
     can i know if u have done the user profiles in ur application. i.e. if
the user logs in i need to keep the information regarding the user in a
hashtable/something that holds a collection.  after the user is
authenticated , i need to store the information like his roles, permissions,
his group etc in an object.

can u please help me on this.

Thank You.

Satish Kumar

RE: Test Email !

Posted by "H. Dalvi" <HD...@Callidussoftware.com>.

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
Dear All,

I create a content management system using XSP, the
XML descriptor (I called this content descriptor) can
generate HTML form, try it. It is work in several
computer. I need a lot of contributor to test this.
This will be a serious project for me.

I need your feedback of my idea (XML based Content
Management System), and may be this can contribute
open source project, esp cocoon.

This script support
- Session. Thanks for tips in mailing list and the
sample of this session.
- 1 XSP with 2 XSL, I try 2 XSP, but performance drop.
Still question. XSP is not component development. See
my file descriptor.xsp.xml in directory xsl in my
cimande.war.
- Support upload, but using jspSmartUpload ( I will
move to maybeupload or any opensource project -- need
help also).
- access to MySQL JDBC 2.04

Problem:
- not support cocoon 2.1-dev, because I still cannot
install cocoon 2.1-dev. Help!!!

You can download the source code (free).. in my web
site, in blueoxygen.org, and email me for question and
problem.

I need your feedback, because I still cannot used
eqsl, and database polling (I create my own database
layer bean). I don't know how to use Turbine in my
XSP.

Sorry this is not pure XSP, several of the script is
still using JSP, because I still got a lot of problem,
and need help to solve that.

But, I think this is good sample of complex XSP.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Frans Thamura

http://buzz.yahoo.com/

Blue Oxygen - Cimande Project using Cocoon 1.82

AW: [C2]: Updating ToDo list

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
> Quoting Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I think we should update our ToDo list for the next beta.
> >
> > There are currently the following points in the ToDo list:
> >
> > 1.
> >    Reloading of jar-files.
> >    The class-path for the Cocoon-Servlet is only build once when the
> > servlet
> >    is initialised. If you want to deploy other jar files you have to
> > restart
> >    the servlet. A reloading of the Cocoon is not sufficient. This is not
> >    very convenient. Suggestion: When Cocoon is reloaded (a new cocoon
> > instance
> >    is created then) the classpath is rebuild and used.
> > Do we want to have this in C2.0?
>
> You mean in 2.0 or 2.1? If we can make that happen for the next
> beta than +1.

Yes, I agree with you. So the question is:
Are there any volunteers for this? And can you do it for the b2?

> > 2.
> >    Make the evaluation/application of logicsheets in the XSP system
> > reliable
> >    and usable without hassle to the logicsheet programmer
> > Is this still a valid point?
>
> I cannot remember what the issue to this ToDo was.

So we should remove it, I think.

> > 3.
> >    Implement content aggregation at the sitemap level.
> > I think, we could remove this, as Giacomo did it.
>
> +1
>
> > 4.
> >    Implement transparent content aggregation at the pipeline level.
> > As we agreed to skip the transparent ca we should also remove this
> > point.
>
> +1
>
> > Now there are three more points to add, I think:
> > 1. Making cocoon: urls work
>
> +100

Hmm, this is the hardest work, I fear. Ok, I will look into it over the
next days.

> > 2. Remove the transparent CA
>
> +1 as above
>
> > 3. Make the X/C Include Transformers work (If they are not doing it
> > already)
>
> +1
>
> > Did I forget something?
>
> - make the automatic announcement system working (I don't know
>   the status). The building blocks are in CVS but I don't know
>   how reliable it is working.
>
> - There are still some issues with sub sitemaps. Components
>   defined in a sub sitemap are not accessible.
>
> And there are probably more ToDos.

Carsten

Re: [C2]: Updating ToDo list

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
Quoting Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>:

> Hello,
>
> I think we should update our ToDo list for the next beta.
>
> There are currently the following points in the ToDo list:
>
> 1.
>    Reloading of jar-files.
>    The class-path for the Cocoon-Servlet is only build once when the
> servlet
>    is initialised. If you want to deploy other jar files you have to
> restart
>    the servlet. A reloading of the Cocoon is not sufficient. This is not
>    very convenient. Suggestion: When Cocoon is reloaded (a new cocoon
> instance
>    is created then) the classpath is rebuild and used.
> Do we want to have this in C2.0?

You mean in 2.0 or 2.1? If we can make that happen for the next beta than +1.

> 2.
>    Make the evaluation/application of logicsheets in the XSP system
> reliable
>    and usable without hassle to the logicsheet programmer
> Is this still a valid point?

I cannot remember what the issue to this ToDo was.

> 3.
>    Implement content aggregation at the sitemap level.
> I think, we could remove this, as Giacomo did it.

+1

> 4.
>    Implement transparent content aggregation at the pipeline level.
> As we agreed to skip the transparent ca we should also remove this
> point.

+1

> Now there are three more points to add, I think:
> 1. Making cocoon: urls work

+100

> 2. Remove the transparent CA

+1 as above

> 3. Make the X/C Include Transformers work (If they are not doing it
> already)

+1

> Did I forget something?

- make the automatic announcement system working (I don't know
  the status). The building blocks are in CVS but I don't know
  how reliable it is working.

- There are still some issues with sub sitemaps. Components
  defined in a sub sitemap are not accessible.

And there are probably more ToDos.

Giacomo