Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Felix Gonschorek <fe...@gg-media.biz> on 2009/04/21 19:55:18 UTC

[T5] SSL Problem with IE6 and Blackbird

Hi,

i am encountering problem with an SSL enabled T5 Application under
Internetexplorer 6 (various versions).

On every page load under SSL, IE6 announces that the page is secure, but
contains insecure items. I checked our complete source code for references to
insecure content, without success.

Finally i figured out, that blackbird is causing this behaviour. If i remove the
blackbird code in the /assets/virtual/XXXXXX==.js file, everything is okay. I
assume, that this lines of code ar causing the message:

<snip>
     function backgroundImage()
     {
       //(IE6 only) change <BODY> tag's background to resolve
       // {position:fixed} support
         var bodyTag = $(document.body);

         if (bodyTag.currentStyle && IE6_POSITION_FIXED)
         {
             if (bodyTag.currentStyle.backgroundImage == 'none')
             {
                 bodyTag.style.backgroundImage = 'url(about:blank)';
             }
             if (bodyTag.currentStyle.backgroundAttachment == 'scroll')
             {
                 bodyTag.style.backgroundAttachment = 'fixed';
             }
         }
     }
</snip>

I believe, that the background Image 'about:blank' is treated as non-secured
content.

We are using the current snapshot of Tapestry 5.1.0.4

Finally, my questions:

- Can i disable blackbird completely? (as we are not using it at all)
- Shall i file a jira bug?

Felix

Re: [T5] SSL Problem with IE6 and Blackbird

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Felix Gonschorek <fe...@gg-media.biz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am encountering problem with an SSL enabled T5 Application under
> Internetexplorer 6 (various versions).
>
> On every page load under SSL, IE6 announces that the page is secure, but
> contains insecure items. I checked our complete source code for references
> to insecure content, without success.
>
> Finally i figured out, that blackbird is causing this behaviour. If i remove
> the blackbird code in the /assets/virtual/XXXXXX==.js file, everything is
> okay. I assume, that this lines of code ar causing the message:
>
> <snip>
>    function backgroundImage()
>    {
>      //(IE6 only) change <BODY> tag's background to resolve
>      // {position:fixed} support
>        var bodyTag = $(document.body);
>
>        if (bodyTag.currentStyle && IE6_POSITION_FIXED)
>        {
>            if (bodyTag.currentStyle.backgroundImage == 'none')
>            {
>                bodyTag.style.backgroundImage = 'url(about:blank)';
>            }
>            if (bodyTag.currentStyle.backgroundAttachment == 'scroll')
>            {
>                bodyTag.style.backgroundAttachment = 'fixed';
>            }
>        }
>    }
> </snip>
>
> I believe, that the background Image 'about:blank' is treated as non-secured
> content.
>
> We are using the current snapshot of Tapestry 5.1.0.4
>
> Finally, my questions:
>
> - Can i disable blackbird completely? (as we are not using it at all)

It's more than just debugging. If a client-side failure, or Ajax
communication failure, occurs it will pop up to display the error.

> - Shall i file a jira bug?

Yes, but I'm not sure how it will be resolved. May need to tweak the
JS to point a one-pixel gif instead of about:blank.

> Felix

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry
Director of Open Source Technology at Formos