Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Shaun Flynn <sc...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2020/07/06 07:21:30 UTC

Maven Modular Projects with Java 11

Hello there folks,

First time poster, so please be gentle :)

I have recently gained the confidence to stsrt using Maven after learning
how to use the module system in Java 11.

My question is: is there a way to create a Maven project which uses the
Java Module system?

I do have a work around but it feels quite hacky: each Java is it's own
Maven project, or is this how it is supposed to be?

Thanks in advance, and thank you for doing a great job with Netbeans!

Shaun

Re: Maven Modular Projects with Java 11

Posted by "Luff,Chris" <Ch...@Cerner.com.INVALID>.
+1

I have been using Maven projects with modules for some time. Use NetBeans to generate the module-info in the default package. Will like need some tweaking to export the right packages for consumption by the other projects.

> On 6 Jul 2020, at 09:26, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 at 08:21, Shaun Flynn <sc...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>> My question is: is there a way to create a Maven project which uses the Java Module system?
>>
>> I do have a work around but it feels quite hacky: each Java is it's own Maven project, or is this how it is supposed to be?
>
> Sounds right to me.  You probably want to look at using a parent
> project - New Project / POM Project - with each module as a separate
> sub-project of that.
>
> Would recommend reading up on Maven's parent POM, multi-modules, etc.
> though if you haven't already done so.  Good to know what's going on
> underneath.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Neil

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024. Cerner Limited, Registered in England no 2519305, Registered Office 37 North Wharf Road, London W2 1AF.

Re: Maven Modular Projects with Java 11

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.