Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2011/07/13 19:35:30 UTC

M3?

I am going to post M3 artifacts for vote soon. As an M2 user, I need CAY-1526 fix (see a list of closed jiras below), and we also have one new major feature to show - CAY-943. Plus as usual a number of other cool things.

If there are no objections, I'll try to get it together around this weekend.

Cheers,
Andrus

Changes/New Features Since 3.1M2:

CAY-943 Support multiple cayenne.xml files in the project
CAY-1461 CayenneModeler: remove ScopeMVC dependency - ObjRelationshipInfoDialog
CAY-1556 Add path construction feature to make constructing paths from constants easier for queries and orderings
CAY-1525 CharType: don't trim spaces on the left
CAY-1544 Remove jdk1.6 module from Cayenne sources
CAY-1545 cayenne-lifecycle Referenceable handler refactoring
CAY-1547 cayenne-lifecycle: support for setting UuidRelationships
CAY-1549 Migrate BatchQueryBuilderFactory to DI
CAY-1553 cayenne-lifecycle: @SortWeight annotation
CAY-1573 QueryLogger to DI JdbcEventLogger migration
CAY-1584 Improve Cayenne modeler re-ordering named query in the cayenne map xml

Bug Fixes Since 3.1M2:

CAY-1526 Preferences: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Key too long
CAY-1546 cayenne-lifecycle: UuidBatchFault concurrency issues
CAY-1555 Unpublished dependencies of Maven plugins
CAY-1575 Error generating Embeddable classes in Cayenne Modeler
CAY-1577 SQL queries for LIKE expressions with escape character generated with syntax errors
CAY-1581 Not-Escaping <> during serialization to *.map.xml
CAY-1585 SelectQuery automatic cache key needs FetchOffset

Re: M3?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Some good news. Our maven/Nexus setup has been complete, and mvn release:perform for a fake release just succeeded for me. In the next couple of days I'll hopefully figure out what else we need to do to make it a part of our release procedure. (And at the minimum I'll be able to check whether our plugins have all needed dependencies for the end users).

Andrus

Re: M3?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: M3?

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@puregumption.com>.
On Jul 20, 2011, at 7/202:20 PM , Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Moved a little bit down this path. Experimenting with a dummy 3.1X1 "release" on a branch. With some tweaking of my local keystores, GPG plugin settings, etc. etc., I was able to run release:prepare. You can see the result of this action on a branch in SVN (r1148890, 1148891, 1148893) :
>
> mvn release:prepare -DautoVersionSubmodules=true
>
> The next step:
>
> mvn release:perform
>
> got stuck with an error
>
> [INFO] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.5:deploy (default-deploy) on project cayenne-parent: Failed to deploy artifacts: Could not transfer artifact org.apache.cayenne:cayenne-parent:pom:3.1X1 from/to apache.releases.https (https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2): Error transferring file: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty -> [Help 1]
>
> My random guess was that we need a special Nexus setup, so I opened this Jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-3786 and now waiting for the infra reaction.
>
> From what I've seen so far, adopting maven-release-plugin may not be such a bad idea. So we are slowly overcoming one of the last pieces of the mavenphobia in Cayenne, which is probably a sign that Maven is old enough and soon we'll have an itch to try out Gradle or some other new shiny thing :-)

Heh.  Howard apparently had that itch; Tapestry now uses Gradle.  So far, I haven't really seen any advantages, other than gradle's command line display being slightly better, and gradle's tool support being much worse. ;)  Let's stick with maven for now! ;)

Robert

Re: M3?

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.
With a multi-module build, watch out for this bug:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-271

Might consider adding the configuration noted there to the parent pom.

I ran into this last week with a fairly simple setup (one parent, three direct submodules).

Robert

Re: M3?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
[...]

From what I've seen so far, adopting maven-release-plugin may not be such a bad idea. So we are slowly overcoming one of the last pieces of the mavenphobia in Cayenne, which is probably a sign that Maven is old enough and soon we'll have an itch to try out Gradle or some other new shiny thing :-)