Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Peter Haidinyak <ph...@local.com> on 2011/01/27 18:25:24 UTC

HPROF Files

Hi,
   My cluster went do because some HPROF files appeared in the HBase Home directory. Are these being generated by HBase? If so, how do I turn these off?

Thanks

-Pete

RE: HPROF Files

Posted by Peter Haidinyak <ph...@local.com>.
Thanks

hprof files are heap dumps from java when you get an OutOfMemoryError,
it's generated because HBase ships with
-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError in conf/hbase-env.sh

J-D

Re: HPROF Files

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.