Posted to pubscribe-dev@ws.apache.org by "Paramasivam, Arul Jothi (Cognizant)" <Ar...@cognizant.com> on 2005/08/17 16:10:18 UTC

Notify

Hi,

We have followed the documentation on Notification Consumer and implemented Notify Port type.

We have also created an instance of consumer resource in both Consumer Home and Consumer Resource java classes.

We have also added the notify method in Consumer Service java class.

Removed resourceIdentifierReferenceParameterName parameter from jndi-config.xml.

After Subscribing for a resource with Notify True, We are updating an attribute of the Notification Producer Resource.

We are not able to reach the Notify method in Consumer Service class.  We are not able get the last message from the Consumer PortType.  It give us 504 error.

We were not able make the file system example also to work.

Do we implement a method for the notify in the call back class of the Notification Producer?

Do we need a call back class for the Notification Consumer?

Please let us know any missing steps and clarify the questions.  Thank you very much.

Regards,
Arul

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

  Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

Re: Notify

Posted by Sal Campana <sc...@apache.org>.
Paramasivam, Arul Jothi (Cognizant) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have followed the documentation on Notification Consumer and
> implemented Notify Port type.
>
> We have also created an instance of consumer resource in both Consumer
> Home and Consumer Resource java classes.
>
> We have also added the notify method in Consumer Service java class.
>
> Removed resourceIdentifierReferenceParameterName parameter from
> jndi-config.xml.
>
> After Subscribing for a resource with Notify True, We are updating an
> attribute of the Notification Producer Resource.
>
> We are not able to reach the Notify method in Consumer Service class.
> We are not able get the last message from the Consumer PortType.  It
> give us 504 error.
>
> We were not able make the file system example also to work.
>
> Do we implement a method for the notify in the call back class of the
> Notification Producer?
>
> Do we need a call back class for the Notification Consumer?
>
> Please let us know any missing steps and clarify the questions.  Thank
> you very much.
>
> Regards,
> Arul
>
> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
> information.
> reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
> Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding,
> printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on
> this e-mail is strictly
> prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com
>

 >>Do we implement a method for the notify in the call back class of the
Notification Producer?

No.  We throw notifications to anyone subscribed automatically for
changing properties which are exposed with Topics

Do we need a call back class for the Notification Consumer?

No. Callback classes are only used for updating resource properties with
some sort of backend or for utility purposes...

Please let us know any missing steps and clarify the questions.  Thank
you very much.

I need your wsdl, you generated/implemented source files and what your
subscribe looks like....Plus any output from Tomcat when running with
debug logging turned on (in our webapp WEB-INF/classes log 4  j file

Once I have that, I will have the things which will tell us what is
wrong....

Thanks,

-Sal