Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by David Brosius <db...@baybroadband.net> on 2010/10/27 20:22:01 UTC

Proxy problems with non .jar files

Greetings,

  My company has a west coast and east coast office.

We have a main archiva server on the east coast that houses all the
artifacts we use.

The west coast folks set up another archiva server, and added a proxy
connector to the east server.

Both are running 1.3.1 standalone.

When regular west coast clients pull from their local archiva, it acts as
a proper proxy server and pulls the artifacts from the east coast server.

However, it seems to only be able to find .jar files.

For instance .xml files in the east coast repository are not proxied into
the west coast server, and thus don't make it to the west coast client
developers.

Normal client pulls directly from the east coast server of .xml files
works fine.

This proxy server has no whitelist/blacklist settings.

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong here, to get this to work?

Re: Proxy problems with non .jar files

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 2:22 PM, David Brosius
<db...@baybroadband.net> wrote:
> For instance .xml files in the east coast repository are not proxied into
> the west coast server, and thus don't make it to the west coast client
> developers.

Does anything interesting show up in the logs (on either side) when
you make a request for the file?

Are the xml files proper artifacts with checksums and metadata?  How
did they get into Archiva?

--
Wendy