Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Guilherme Barile <gu...@prosoma.com.br> on 2003/10/31 14:08:42 UTC

One access at a time ?

Hello
    I'm building a web application that uses lucene, the problem I'm
facing is that only one user may write to the index each time, and I
simply can't imagine a way to deal with this. Anyone ever did something
like this ? Should I write a non-web app to add documents to the index ?

Thanks in advance for any ideas :)

gui

Re: One access at a time ?

Posted by Victor Hadianto <vi...@hadianto.net>.
>     I'm building a web application that uses lucene, the problem I'm
> facing is that only one user may write to the index each time, and I
> simply can't imagine a way to deal with this. Anyone ever did something
> like this ? Should I write a non-web app to add documents to the index ?

Yes recently I have to do something like this. The central idea is having a
singleton and synchronise the access to the index.

Or you can create a JMS queue to post your index changes and have a single
consumer of the queue that writes the Lucene index. This works quite well
with my previous work.

/victor

Re: One access at a time ?

Posted by Stephane Vaucher <va...@cirano.qc.ca>.
You can have a central component (a singleton for example) that can be
responsible for writes to the index.

sv