Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Aleksandar Miljusevic <al...@sedonanetworks.com> on 2000/07/06 20:18:46 UTC

rmic question

I noticed that rmic task doesn't have a classpath attribute. What is the
recommended way to pass the classpath information to rmic? I know that I can
set the CLASSPATH environment variable to contain needed classes/jars but I
wouldn't want the user to have to worry about that. Are there any plans to
add support for this attribute to rmic? Has anybody written a user-defined
task to do it?

Aleksandar

Re: rmic question

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 SVU> The Rmic task always uses rmic. But there is also jiffyc - much
 SVU> faster tool. Probably, some property a la "build.compiler"
 SVU> should be introduced. Same question about jar and fastjar pair.

 SVU> I already asked about this issue - noone answered...:(

There might be several reasons why nobody answered, mine was (and is)
I don't use rmic, jiffyc nor fastjar.

As long as we don't come up with a better solution something like the
build.compiler kludge - that I'm not happy with - might be one
possible way to differentiate between several implementations of the
same kind of task, but that would imply we had several
implementations.

Stefan

Re: rmic question

Posted by "Sergey V. Udaltsov" <Se...@artificial-life.com>.