Posted to users@maven.apache.org by minami <ta...@ymail.com> on 2012/11/07 14:06:58 UTC

will maven profiles will solve my problem?

Hello,

I'm pretty new in Maven, so I have some troubles. I have created a job on
hudson, which actually builds only when I click Build now. But now I would
like to perfom the job, when the project perfoms the maven release. Should I
use profiles?

Re: will maven profiles will solve my problem?

Posted by Curtis Rueden <ct...@wisc.edu>.
Hi Minami,

> I would like to perfom the job, when the project perfoms the maven
> release

This is really a Hudson/Jenkins question, best asked on a Jenkins mailing
list:

That said, one option might be the URLTrigger plugin [1], which polls a URL
and then triggers the build if the URL contents have changed. You could use
it poll the Maven repository to see if a new release has been performed.
But there may be a better way; I don't know.

Regards,
Curtis

[1] https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/URLTrigger+Plugin