Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pwalter <pa...@nasa.gov> on 2014/10/22 17:51:43 UTC

Network Brokers - Client Wild Card Subscription

We have a network of brokers say broker chain B1,B2, B3. When client
subscribes (B1) to a topic T1.T2.T3 and the publisher publishes to that same
topic (B3) the client receives that published message. But if the client
subscribes to T1.T2.* then the client does not receive that published
message.

We are using dynamicallyIncludedDestinations which would contain T1.T2.T3
topic.

thanks

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
I just came across https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3080, which
describes a situation that might or might not be the same one you're
seeing.  Is your topic created statically at broker startup or dynamically
on first use?  If the latter, then maybe you're seeing the same thing
that's described in that JIRA.

That JIRA appears to have been submitted four years ago but never
adjudicated nor worked on (and I think there are some places where typos
might have meant the description says the opposite of what is meant by
writing "not" instead of "now", so the description could use some cleanup),
so if you're seeing the same behavior, you might want to lobby for it
getting investigated...