Posted to dev@mrunit.apache.org by Jim Donofrio <do...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/20 05:32:53 UTC

[DISCUSS] move classes into internal package?

I would like to move some of the classes that users dont need to know
about into the internal package so that they will see no javadoc on them
and be encouraged not to use them. What are the thoughts on moving the
following:

Serialization to internal.util
mock package to internal.mapred.mock
mapreduce.mock package to internal.mapreduce.mock
CounterWrapper to internal.counters

I understand that moving classes around is usually bad but no users
should have called these classes directly anyway.

Re: [DISCUSS] move classes into internal package?

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
I also do not mind moving those classes into internal (private) package.

Jarcec

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.