Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by th...@kodak.com on 2006/11/04 21:32:24 UTC

RE: Resolving xlink:href at a later time?

Hi Michael,

"Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Mi...@je.jfcom.mil> wrote on
10/23/2006 10:48:45 AM:

> OK, this is becoming an issue I can't solve.  Since I can't pull the URL
> off the cache, I decided to clear the cache:
>
> URLImageCache.getDefaultCache().flush();

    Sorry about this, it turns out that
batik.ext.awt.image.spi.ImageTagRegistry has it's own
'internal' caches for images.  So if you replace the
above line with:

  ImageTagRegistry.getRegistry().flushCache();

    Things will work.  I also just added a method:
        ImageTagRegistry.flushImage(ParsedURL purl)

that allows you to flush the cache of one image.

    I am sorry that I didn't remember/realize that
Batik doesn't use the URLImageCache default cache for
images any more...