Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org> on 2005/08/25 23:42:48 UTC

JIRA status

Hi,

JIRA issues can have the following statusses:

o Open
o In Progress
o Reopened
o Resolved
o Closed
o Iteration
o Submitted
o Analysis

I know there are limitations set on the MNG workflow to only
allow Open, Reopened(?), Closed. (too bad JIRA shows all statusses
in a 'Find').

I don't know what most of those mean (why is there a 'Resolved' status,
and a 'Resolved' resolution? (which we don't use anymore, I know)), but:

I'm thinking an 'On Hold' status would come in handy for issues that are
waiting for the issue's submitter's input (think: can't reproduce, need
better testcase; waiting for rework of a patch because it doesn't apply
anymore;...).

Don't know wheter it's possible to add that status to JIRA so a new
workflow action can be defined...?

Anyway, just tossing in the idea.. WDYT?

--
Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com

Re: JIRA status

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Kenney,

I am Jira administrator in my company so if you need help to update
the workflow, let me know.

Workflow actions are tied to statuses. If you define a new status and
you add it to the workflow, you can then create transition between
statuses.

Cheers,
Stéphane

On 8/25/05, Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> JIRA issues can have the following statusses:
>
> o Open
> o In Progress
> o Reopened
> o Resolved
> o Closed
> o Iteration
> o Submitted
> o Analysis
>
> I know there are limitations set on the MNG workflow to only
> allow Open, Reopened(?), Closed. (too bad JIRA shows all statusses
> in a 'Find').
>
> I don't know what most of those mean (why is there a 'Resolved' status,
> and a 'Resolved' resolution? (which we don't use anymore, I know)), but:
>
> I'm thinking an 'On Hold' status would come in handy for issues that are
> waiting for the issue's submitter's input (think: can't reproduce, need
> better testcase; waiting for rework of a patch because it doesn't apply
> anymore;...).
>
> Don't know wheter it's possible to add that status to JIRA so a new
> workflow action can be defined...?
>
> Anyway, just tossing in the idea.. WDYT?
>
> --
> Kenney Westerhof
> http://www.neonics.com
> GPG public key: http://www.gods.nl/~forge/kenneyw.key

.::You're welcome ::.

RE: JIRA status

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kenney,

  Even if we never use it, I think that the 'resolved' status should be used when an issue is fixed but we stand for the reporter
validation.

  My 2 cts

  And my +1 if you want to simplify the workflow.

Arnaud