Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Alex O'Ree <sp...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/01 01:46:38 UTC

AMQP based subscription notifications

I recently discovered that the subscription API has a plugin type
system that let's system owners extend jUDDI to push notifications via
other outlets. The default ones that come with jUDDI are for the UDDI
v3 subscription callback API and for email based alerts.

I wanted to make a sample projects to demonstrate out how use it and
the best use case I came up with was to use Apache Qpid. It's an AMQP
implementation, which is basically a publish and subscribe system.

The use case is that jUDDI would publish subscription updates to a
specific Qpid server for a specific Qpid exchange (such as a topic,
queue, etc).

The question is, should jUDDI be configured for a single Qpid server
and the exchange be defined as the bindingTemplate Access Point, or
should the bindingTemplate represent the URL to a Qpid server and some
how define the exchange name else where?

So to summarize, per subscription url + exchange, or per subscription
exchange only

Re: AMQP based subscription notifications

Posted by Alex O'Ree <sp...@gmail.com>.
Qpid and AMQP can be used both intra and internets. I think that this
going to be tricky for a 100% implementation, but a partial solution
is feasible, considering that AMQP urls can have credentials in it. I
just wanted to use this as a demo.

So if i use the access point for the connection url, we still need a
place to define the topic name and exchange type. Any objections to
using a tmodel instance on the binding for this?

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex O'Ree <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.