Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Matthias Eckert <ma...@uni-jena.de> on 2012/07/02 21:55:23 UTC

Maven Pear Packaging Problem

Hello,
I have an odd problem with packaging a simple Annotator into a Pear with
maven (via $mvn package).
After its been packed, the path of the descriptor specified in the
install.xml has TWO $main_root in front.
Before packing there's only one. Or it could even be none, it doesn't
matter.

To substantiate:

BEFORE CASE 1:
     <SUBMITTED_COMPONENT>
         <ID>EMailAnnotator</ID>
         <NAME></NAME>
<DESC>$main_root/desc/EMailAnnotatorDescriptor.xml</DESC>
         <DEPLOYMENT>standard</DEPLOYMENT>
     </SUBMITTED_COMPONENT>

BEFORE CASE 2:
     <SUBMITTED_COMPONENT>
         <ID>EMailAnnotator</ID>
         <NAME></NAME>
         <DESC>desc/EMailAnnotatorDescriptor.xml</DESC>
         <DEPLOYMENT>standard</DEPLOYMENT>
     </SUBMITTED_COMPONENT>

AFTER $mvn package:
     <SUBMITTED_COMPONENT>
         <ID>EMailAnnotator</ID>
         <NAME></NAME>
<DESC>$main_root/$main_root/desc/EMailAnnotatorDescriptor.xml</DESC>
         <DEPLOYMENT>standard</DEPLOYMENT>
     </SUBMITTED_COMPONENT>

I'm new to UIMA, so it could be a stupid mistake or also maybe more. So
please help me.
Thx & best regards,
Matthias

Re: Maven Pear Packaging Problem

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
On 7/2/2012 3:55 PM, Matthias Eckert wrote:
> Hello,
> I have an odd problem with packaging a simple Annotator into a Pear with maven
> (via $mvn package).

I am not familiar with "$mvn package".  Is this the standard Maven system
running the "package" goal, that normally would be run with the command line
"mvn package" (same as yours, except without the leading "$") executed in the
directory containing the pom file you want to run it against?

What was the pom that you were running against?

-Marshall